I set out to complete the 2018 Popsugar reading challenge this year. Yes, it might be because I have time on my hands since I am not working five days a week and not planning. However, it is also pushing me to just read more. I am spending so much less time watching nonsensical TV shows on Hulu or Netflix and spending more time keeping my brain busy. I am writing, journaling, reading, and photographing. So far, I am in love with this challenge. Bonus points to my friend for a unreal google spreadsheet that is motivating me beyond belief. I am officially 10 books in. This means I have 40 books left.
Here’s a status update:
- Book made into a movie I’ve already seen: A Little Princess by Francis Hodgson Burnett
- Novel based on a real person: The Red Bandanna (YA version) by Tom Rinaldi
- Book that is also a musical/stage play: Matilda by Roald Dahl
- A book with song lyrics in the title: And We’re Off by Dana Schwartz
- Book mentioned in another book: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Childhood classic I’ve never read: The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Past Goodreads Choice Award Winner: Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham
- Book I meant to read in 2017: Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstances by Ruth Emmie Lang
- Book that was a gift: The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Book set on a different planet: Enders Game by Orson Scott Card
I am also signing on for the WeAreTeachers2018 Reading Challenge – look for a blog post about that soon.