Since I am an avid tennis player and love working out during the summer I need constant hydration. It is key to get the electrolytes and sugar to restore my energy so I don’t get dehydrated on the courts when it’s 80 degrees out. Last summer, I was drinking Vitamin Water. After discovering how terrible Vitamin Water is for you my mom told me I couldn’t bring it into the house. I needed to come up with a health, homemade alternative that would do the same thing. What I came up with is pretty delicious and very easy to make. I am sharing my homemade sports drink recipe for the #SummerBloggerChallenge and the first of what I hope will be a weekly post called “Tasty Tuesdays”. For a long time I have wanted to do a weekly recipe and this is the perfect opportunity to start.
Homemade Sports Drink:
Take Note: this recipe will fill a 100 ml size bottle.
1/3 cup pureed strawberries (to do this blend strawberries together in a Vitamix until smooth. Just strawberries.)
3 1/2 cups of cold water
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups orange juice (fresh or bottled)
1. Dissolve the salt in the hot water. Once it fully dissolves, pour it into the water bottle of your choice.
2. Add the pureed strawberries
3. Add the cold water
4. Add the orange juice
5. Shake the bottle until all contents are mixed. Make sure the top is closed tightly so nothing will leak out.
6. Put in the fridge to chill until ready to drink. If you want you can add ice to keep it cold.
7. Enjoy before, during or after your workout!
If you try it, I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if any cool tweaks or flavors are totally awesome! Keep an eye out for another recipe next week!
Find me at: