For this week’s Tasty Tuesdays post I want to share a delicious salad I love eating this summer. I recently discovered I don’t do well with heavy meals at night. Thanks to this realization my parents and I experimented with different kids of salads that fill us up at dinnertime. Our new favorite salad, arugula with grilled peaches and pecans, was first tried in early June . It is the perfect summer salad to end a day and a new obsession. This is one of my new favorite recipe for three reasons: A) It gives you the protein and calories you need to get you through the night. B) It is an awesome summer salad. C) It is ridiculously easy! Enjoy!
Arugala with Grilled Peaches and Roasted Pecans
Arugula (washed or pre-washed)
1 Ripe Peach
A handful of Dry Roasted Pecans
1) Cut the peach into quarters and rub the quarters with olive oil, salt and pepper
2) Grill them on a pan until they are soft and hot all the way through. It should take approximately two minutes on each side at medium heat
3) Toss the pecans on a saucepan to brown them slightly and warm them.
4) Toss the arugula and balsamic vinaigrette together
5) Add the peaches and the pecans on top.
Find me at: