Since moving off campus last year, I have had more space to work with and I love it. This year I revamped my room when I moved back in after the summer. I finally had time to finish my vision this weekend (minus one curtain). It’s been a busy first week of school but I love how it turned out.
Last year there were a lot more posters. This year I knew I wanted to move away from that. A lot of what is in my room is homemade or crafts I did over the summer. I love it and it makes me so happy. There is still quite a lot of work to do in my closet and other parts of my room but on the surface it’s great. I love that it’s organized and everything has a place.
These are a five things I did to de-clutter and make my room look more clean:
1) I made a makeup board that I saw on Pinterest. I love it to death already because it cleared up so much surface space and my makeup is much more visible.
2) I relocated my nail polish. I can see the colors better now since they are out and everything I use for my nails is with them and readily available.
3) I got picture hangers. I love having pictures on my walls but the cork boards I used to have seemed very cluttered. Now I have three strings with photos on them with cameras (something I love very much). All the photos are visible and I was able to pick my absolute favorite ones.
4) Weekly planner. I am going to do a whole blog post about how I keep myself organized with everything I am doing but this is one of the key tools for me. I can map out my week and see what I have coming.
5) My desk. Everything on my desk has a place and it is clean. I made jars with Washi tape for my pens and pencils. My school supplies I use are stacked up on the side of my desk so I can reach them easily. There is actually room to do work on my desk for the first time since I moved in. On my top shelf I keep my textbooks and my collection of liquor.
How do you organize your room and de-clutter your stuff?